destination: Eternal Romance of - SOUTHERN india
WHY SHOULD YOU GO?
The sights, the temples, the bazaars, the spirituality, the complex history and mixed cultures make this tour a once-in-a-lifetime experience. I have worked closely with our travel partner to design an engaging and unique experience. Come with me for an incredible journey through Southern India during the Pongal Festival! If you have only been to Northern India or have never traveled through this complex and amazing country, this experience is for you. Southern India is rich in diverse cultures that have produced masterpieces of architecture, wondrous temples, unique craftsmanship. Civilizations fought wars to gain control of the coveted spices that grow in this region. The cuisines will delight your taste buds. Folklore, native arts, traditional ceremonies, a stunning variety of dress and manners, all combine, to create an experience, unlike any other.
You will meet and interact with the diverse and friendly people of Southern India. Enjoy the peaceful backwaters of Kerala and its surrounding hills, lush with spice and tea gardens. See for yourself why they call Kerala, God’s Country. Some of the highlights of this amazing adventure include; seeing the impressive city of Hyderabad, staying in an incredible palace hotel, seeing the largest private collection of art and artifacts. In Chennai (Madras) you can shop for art, handicrafts, and beautiful fabrics. The temples of Trichy, Tanjore, and Madurai are unmatched, anywhere else in the world. And if this isn’t enough, you can extend your time and visit Sri Lanka and/or Maldives.
What to expect - tour highlights:
- Be introduced to the spices of India in Periyar
- Cruise the pristine backwaters of Kerala
- Attend colorful Kathakali and Bharatnatyam dance performances
- See a demonstration of the local martial arts called ‘Kalari Payathu’
- Visit Jew Town and synagogue in Cochin and Parur to learn about India's Jewish History
- Explore Hyderabad, and its unique culture, exceptional cuisine and art
- Explore the world heritage Mahabalipuram shore temples
- Visit the enormous temple complexes of Trichy, Tanjore and Madurai
- Take part in the colorful and interesting Pongal Festival
- Explore the Chettinad villages and the mansions around Karaikud
- Walk through the exotic ‘bazaar's’ of Madurai
land TOUR price INCLUDES:
Meals: Are included as indicated on itinerary by the following symbols: (B) Breakfast, (L) Lunch and (D) Dinner is a pre fixed menu. We can accommodate any food allergies or requirements, with advanced notice.
Transfers: Transfers are by private air-conditioned car/van/jeep/motor coach with driver.
Baggage: Handling of one piece of checked luggage per person at airports. Please remember domestic airlines only allow 33 lbs. per person.
Sightseeing: Tours, excursions and overland drives, as per itinerary, provided by private air-conditioned motor coach with driver and English-speaking tour escort/guide.
Air: Economy class internal air to Hyderabad/Chennai/ Trichy.
Hotels: 14 Night hotel, based on double occupancy with en suite bath, at the designated hotels (or similar), as per the itinerary. Rates are inclusive of any applicable room taxes and service charges.
- Hyderabad 2 Nights Taj Falaknuma Palace - 5 Star Heritage Hotel
- Chennai 2 Nights - The Leela Palace - 5 Star Hotel
- Tanjore 2 Nights - Svatma - Boutique Hotel
- Karaikudi - 1 Night - The Bangala - Heritage Hotel
- Madurai - 2 Nights - The Heritage - Boutique Hotel
- Periyar - 1 Night - Spice Village Resort - 4 Star Hotel
- Kumarakom -1 Night - Kumarakom Lake Resort - 5 Star Hotel
- Cochin - 3 Night - Old Harbour - 4 Star
Tour DATES: Jan 08 – 23, 2019 (16 Days)
Land Only Tour Price $7,290.00 per person (Double Occupancy)
Single room supplement $3,455.00 per person
Extensions available to Sri Lanka and Maldives